Update May 24, 2021. The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has written to Transport for NSW stating further assessments are required. To view the letter go to: https://majorprojects.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/prweb/PRRestService/mp/01/getContent?AttachRef=SSI-8862%2120210514T043630.746%20GMT
A Parliamentary Committee is currently examining the Western Harbour Tunnel and Beaches Link project and its impact on the community and the environment. For more info and to lodge a submission go to: https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/committees/inquiries/Pages/inquiry-details.aspx?pk=2767#tab-otherdocuments
March 1, 2021. After consultation with the community the Artarmon Progress Association submission to NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has been uploaded and can be viewed HERE.
January 23, 2021. The Beaches Link/Gore Hill Freeway Environment Impact Study – is open for public exhibition and comment, closing on 1st March 2021.
- For further information go to: https://www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/major-projects/project/10456
- Beaches Link interactive map can be found at: https://caportal.com.au/rms/bl/map
- A recording of the Artarmon virtual information session is available at https://caportal.com.au/rms/bl/gallery?hview=modalArtamon14thJan
- If you would like to contribute to the APA’s submission please send feedback to the APA secretary. (see “about us” page for contact details)
- Council is also asking residents to participate in a quick poll found HERE, to understand community sentiment on the proposal to help inform the Willoughby Council submission.
December 14, 2020. This is now open for public exhibition and comment, closing on 1st March 2021. If you would like to contribute to the APA’s submission please send feedback to the APA secretary. (see the About Us page) For more information see HERE
December 2, 2020 – The Artarmon Progress Association along with other local progress associations have written to the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces to reiterate concerns regarding some aspects of the Western Harbour Tunnel (WHT) and Warringah Freeway Upgrade (WFU). The letter can be seen HERE.
March 21, 2020 – The Artarmon Progress Association (APA) has provided comments on the Western Harbour Tunnel (WHT) – Warringah Freeway (WY) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). Given APA’s remit is to promote the welfare, physical and intellectual advancement of the suburb of Artarmon our submission is focused mainly on the Artarmon community. In this submission the APA shares its concerns regarding the proposed WHT and WY projects and offers some suggestions as to how to address some of these concerns and maximize the benefits of the project to the community. The APA submission to the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment can be seen HERE.