Monthly Archives: May 2021
If there is anything the APA can do to help support you during the current COVID lockdown please contact us at:
- APA’s ‘Meet the Candidates’ Public Information Meeting was held online on Wed 17 November at 7.45pm-9pm. To view a recording of the meeting see the post above.
- Willoughby City Council elections – 4 December 2021 is the date for the Local Government elections. For changes to pre-poll & postal voting eligibility criteria, click here: https://www.elections.nsw.gov.au/Elections/Local-government-elections/Local-Government-Elections-2021/Service-changes-for-LGE21#postal
- Artarmon Local Centre Public Domain introduction of a 40km/h zone starts Monday 20th Sept. (for more details see our post below)
- Did you know – you can contact the Willoughby City Council to get any local safety hazards repaired as well as maintenance of the streetscape in local centres, local footpaths, parks, sports fields, bushland areas.
- Feedback to Council on local maintenance The APA sent feedback from residents about local maintenance needed to Council on 13 October, and we have already seen action on some items.
- The APA has inquired about the lack of wheelchair accessibility on Artarmon Loop shuttle bus service in a submission to Willoughby City Council. For more details see our post below.
- Channel 9 redevelopment – Out-of-hours work to install and connect a new Sydney Water watermain to the new development will commence in September. It will affect Artarmon Rd between Willoughby Rd and Scott St. (for further details see our post below)
- Proposed Herbert St redevelopment of Royal North Shore Hospital- Reminder to consider reading, signing & circulating to friends: https://bit.ly/SaveRNSH
- Local Environmental Plan (LEP) The new LEP will be released for community consultation soon (awaiting approval from the NSW Government). LEPs are the main planning tool to shape the future of communities and ensure local development is done appropriately. APA is keen to engage the community on this important topic.
- Artarmon Parklands Pavilion (former Artarmon Bowling Club). Review of the DA determination is on the agenda for the Council meeting on 13th September. (for further details see our post below)
- Chatswood to St Leonards Bicycle Route improvement plans (see post below)
- Beaches Link motorway – (for more details see our post below)
- Wickham Park (White St) proposed Playground upgrade (for more details see our post below)
Update May 12, 2021.- Carpark upgrade. These works are part of the Artarmon Reserve Master Plan. The council plan for the Artarmon Reserve lower parking area can be viewed HERE. (The central planted area will be slightly reconfigured). The council plan for the Artarmon Reserve upper parking area can be viewed HERE. (The BBQ area will move to the front of the car park). The council plan for the entry road to Artarmon Reserve can be viewed HERE.
July 27, 2020. Recent rain and high use by the community has highlighted several areas where water is ponding. Additional drainage work in these areas will be undertaken over the next 6 weeks with an anticipated completion date of 14 August, weather permitting.